Planning and Zoning
The Long Prairie Planning and Zoning Commission is a 9 member board with the following responsibilities:
- Orderly development of residential, commercial, industrial, recreational agricultural and public areas of the city
- Enforcement and development of the zoning ordinances
- Review of requested variances and conditional use permits with recommendations forwarded to the City Council
The Planning and Zoning Commission meets the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 4:30 p.m. in City Hall.
The City of Long Prairie follows the State Building Code. All building permits are issued by the Building Inspector, Rick Holt. Building permits as well as permit requests for variances, conditional uses or zoning amendments may be obatined at City Hall or downloaded from the city's website.
Planning and Zoning Contact Information
- Ted Gray, Administrator/Clerk
- Deb Laumeyer, Deputy Clerk
- Candy Bruder, Utility Clerk
City of Long Prairie Contact Information
Long Prairie City Hall
615 Lake Street South
Long Prairie, MN 56347
Phone: 320.732.2167 FAX: 320.732.2847
Ted Gray: email@example.com
City Hall Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.