The Long Prairie Fire Department has been serving the community since 1889 protecting lives and property. The department recently received the exceptional ISO insurance rating of "4". Services provided by the department include fire suppression, EMS, rescue and extrication.
Chief: Dan Laumeyer
Fire Fighters: 22 Volunteer Professionals
Dispatching and individual firefighter paging service provided by Todd County Sheriff's Department 911 System.
The area served by the Department is the City of Long Prairie, two complete adjoining townships and parts of seven other area townships which consist of 325 square miles of service. Service all/or parts of the following townships:
- Little Sauk
- Long Prairie
- Round Prairie
The Department includes 24 members who are Firefighter I Certified with over 100 hours technical college training.
- 24 members certified as First Responders for medical emergencies.
- All members are trained as aerial apparatus operators
- Trained by the National Weather Service for weather spotting
- The Department is also qualified for "high angle rope rescue" and trained in cold water rescue.
- A11 Firefighters are FF1/FF11/Hazmat and EMR certified
|140||2005||International 4-door||Custom||1500 GPM pumper|
|141||1991||Navistar 4-door||Toyne||1000 GPM pumper|
|143||2010||Freightliner||Midwest||2000 gallon tanker|
|144||2001||Sterling LT8513||Toyne||3000 gallon tanker|
|145||1986||Chevrolet||Midwest||4x4 grass rig|
|145-02||2004||Kubota UTV||4x4 grass rig/rescue|
|146||1997||Ford F350||Conway||4x4 grass rig|
|148||2005||75' Aerial Ladder||Pierce||1500 GPM|
|149||2000||Sterling L7500||Central||Heavy Rescue|