Public Works Department
The Long Prairie Public Works Department consists of 1 part-time and 6 full-time. The Department manages the following:
- Water and sewer
- Storm sewers
- Wastewater treatment facility
- Snow removal
The city serves over 1,100 residential, industrial and commercial accounts
- The city has 5 major wells with a capacity of 2,500 gallons/minute
- Filter plant with a 1,200 gallons/minute capacity
- 1,000,000 gallon water tower constructed in 2002
- Mechanical activated sludge A class major plant - on-line in 2003
- 1,400,000 gallons per day capacity
- designed for major industrial loadings
The City has an extensive storm sewer drainage system which lies primarily underground.
Download the automatic withdrawl authorization form here.
Director: Chad Bosl
Consulting Engineer: Kent Louwagie
Principal Engineer: Bolton & Menk. Inc.
2040 Highway 12 East
Willmar, MN 56201-5818