Parks and Recreation
The City of Long Prairie is located on the beautiful Long Prairie River, offering numerous recreational opportunities and a beautiful setting to spend an afternoon. To ensure residents have access to these natural amenities, the park system includes multiple parks throughout the community, each offering varied recreational opportunities.
Long Prairie Park Board
The City of Long Prairie's park system is overseen by a 7-member park board. Meetings are held the first Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall.
The City of Long Prairie has numerous parks throughout the city. Lake Charlotte Park which is the largest park also offers the greatest variety of activities. The park has three picnic shelters which may be reserved for special occasions. Individuals wishing to reserve a shelter should contact City Hall. There is a fee for reserving the shelters.
The following is a listing of the city parks:
- Soldier's Field - lighted softball field
- Westside Park - playground & lighted soccer field
- Locke Park - playground
- Water Tower Hill – scenic view of downtown and the fairgrounds and winter sledding
- Lake Charlotte Park - swimming beach, volleyball, basketball court, lighted softball field, picnic shelters, playground area and disc golf course
- Harmony Park – walking paths, three mosaic art projects, soccer field and in winter, weather permitting, ice skating on the pond.
There is also a public access and fishing pier adjacent to Lake Charlotte Park.
Long Prairie City Hall
615 Lake Street South
Long Prairie, MN 56347