Located in Long Prairie, the Todd Field Airport provides convenient access to the city from the sky. Business executives and hobbyists enjoy the ability to fly directly in and out of Long Prairie, whether for business or pleasure.
Todd Field Airport offers a gas station and an Arrival/Departure building with a small lounge and bathroom facilities. Grills and picnic tables are available on site. Lodging and dining are also available in Long Prairie, making it an ideal destination.
Todd Field Airport:
- Runway: 3,000' paved runway
- Gas availability: av gas - credit card sales
- Elevation: 1333'
- Todd Field Airport is located 5 miles south of Long Prairie on T.H. 71. The airport is a 3,000-foot paved runway which is open year-round. A courtesy car is available 24 hours a day.
AIRPORT MASTER PLAN STUDY
The City of Long Prairie and Todd County have initiated a Master Plan Study for the Long Prairie Municipal Airport – Todd Field (14Y) to plan for future development. The study will evaluate existing conditions and identify future development opportunities to meet the needs of the community, City, County, and users of the Airport.
Study documents will be updated on this website and allow you the opportunity to participate by providing your feedback.
KEY STUDY COMPONENTS
- Aviation forecasting to identify future facility needs.
- Runway 16/34 length evaluation to determine future and ultimate runway lengths.
- Crosswind Runway evaluation.
- Hangar area development to meet current and future demand for aircraft owners to base at Long Prairie.
- Develop a funding and implementation plan to identify funding opportunities for future development.
The study will begin in December 2020 and the draft Master Plan update will be ready for review by March 2022.
At all times during the study your input is welcome. This website will be updated with all planning documents allowing you the opportunity to participate. Notice will be provided when Master Plan study information will be presented to the Airport Commission.
To submit input please contact:
City of Long Prairie Bolton & Menk, Inc.
Ted Gray Silas Parmar
City Administrator Project Manager